It is the mission of Maywood DaVinci Middle School that the Comprehensive Guidance and Counseling Program assists each student in the process of academic, career, and personal/social development; so that they will acquire the knowledge, skills, and attitudes needed to become effective students, responsible citizens, productive workers, and lifelong learners; thereby reaching their full potential in a changing society.
The Comprehensive School Counseling Program will provide opportunities to assist all students as they develop the competencies needed for academic and personal development, positive mental health, and effective life skills; resulting in career and college readiness for each student.
Our comprehensive school counseling program is predicated on the belief that all students are unique and dynamic individuals, capable of becoming responsive and productive adults. Our program is proactive and preventative in nature and is committed to meeting the needs of ALL students using age-appropriate programs and lessons.
Maywood DaVinci Middle School’s Comprehensive Guidance and Counseling Program follows the American School Counseling Association’s Model: Students will acquire knowledge and skills in the following three areas:
* Please click the links below to find additional resources, links, and information.*
- Students will acquire the attitudes, knowledge, and skills contributing to effective learning in school and across the lifespan.
- Students will complete school with the academic preparation essential to choose from a wide range of substantial post-secondary options, including college.
- Students will understand the relationship of academics to the world of work and to life at home and in the community.
- Students will acquire the skills to investigate the world of work in relation to knowledge of self and to make informed career decisions.
- Students will employ strategies to achieve future career goals with success and satisfaction.
- Students will understand the relationship between personal qualities, education, training, and the world of work.
- Students will acquire the knowledge, attitudes, and interpersonal skills to help them understand and respect themselves and others.
- Students will make decisions, set goals, and take necessary action to achieve goals
- Students will understand safety and survival skills, and be able to apply them in everyday life and in the world of technology.